View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
kristen8594

Herceptin

Hi Jean,
Thank you for the fast response. In answer to your first question....I am not node negative, but node positive (i will fix my signature). I had A/C and taxol once every two weeks for 8 treatments, then radiation for three months. I am in general good health no heart issues that I know of (fingers crossed). I am very physically active. I did have a muga before starting chemo and I have an appt (they called today) for Friday for the first muga before herceptin. I have an appt with onco to start May 4th.
I think the reason is because I just missed getting it when it first came and I was waiting for a clinical trial for late herceptin but none came out. So....my onco decided to try to get some of her patience on it now and it seems to be working. Maybe this will be a trend we are now going to see.
Her further thinking is that I cannot go on femara because of my menopausal status (still possible surgery for ovaries removed) my status has been flip flopping around since I was on chemo. She does not want to leave me on nothing and have me show up in a year from now with mets, so she is attacking it more aggresively now hopefully before anything happens. Does this make sense? I will also be curious if anybody thinks this could be something we may be seeing more of now. Frankly I was very suprised that my insurance company authorized it without even having to get a pre authorization.
Part of me feels like why mess with my NED status but the other part says....it was offered so why would I refuse something like this...i have two 13 year girls that I would like to be here for a very long time.
Thanks so much....any more info???
Kristen
1.6 cm her2+++ er/pr +
1/13 node positive
A/C and Taxol Dose dense/8 treatments/ 3 months rads
finished treatments 12/31/03
tamoxifen 5years
Starting late herceptin 5/09
Finished one year herceptin 5/10
Waiting to start Femara
kristen8594 is offline   Reply With Quote