View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:21 PM   #1
Heathcliff4

Suggestions for Joint Pain?

Hi Ladies,

I am on my 2nd AI, now Letrozole after Arimidex was intolerable. Once again, I'm finding my knees are so quick to injure and are basically always hurting. At this point, I find getting up and down from the floor pretty painful. I'm not yet 45 and have always been really athletic/flexible. I work out 5x a week and am so wanting to get back in strong physical shape after being so battered the last two years.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I am going to PT on Monday (for the second time), but does anyone have supplements they take that help with joint issues and other side effects from AI's? My onc. nurse told me to take Aleve, which isn't really addressing the issue.

Thanks so much,

Kathryn

8/2013 Diagnosed age 42 with boys aged 2.5 and 6, Stage 11b, 1 cm her2+++, 30% ER positive, 5% PR positive, Rt Breast. Also DCIS in second spot of rt breast, high grade.
9/2013 Bilateral mastectomy, 3 nodes positive
10/13 Started AC/TH, Perjeta and Herceptin
1/14 Finished Chemo
3/14 Radiation, 5 weeks
4/14 Started Tamoxifen
6/14 Discontinued Tamoxifen due to extreme joint pain, exhaustion and depression
6/14 Started Exemestane and Zolodex shots to suppress ovaries
11/14 Finished Herceptin
11/14 Discontinued Exemestane due to similar side effects as Tamoxifen.
1/15 Reconstruction
3/15 CT Scan (routine) shows possible liver mets.
3/15 PET/CT scan shows no mets - huge sigh of relief
4/15 Began Letrozole. Knee and hip joint discomfort but minimal. Otherwise, knocking on wood - so far, so good!
Heathcliff4 is offline   Reply With Quote