View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
KirisMum

Unhappy Frightening development with my daughter

She was doing so well up until just a day or two ago. Her MRI ten days ago showed her brain mets had “mildly progressed,” so they took her off the arry-380 trial and started a 2 week washout so she could start the xeloda/neratinib trial a few days before her big wedding is scheduled on Oct 3. Yesterday she had a headache in the morning, then started seeing flashing lights, but even when I talked to her in the early afternoon, she seemed fine. By 6:00 she was feeling nauseated and worse, so the oncologist on call had her come in for another MRI, which showed a 50% increase in her tumors in just 10 days! She is triple positive, and strongly HER2+, with about a dozen mets she had WBR for last November and that regrew as of May. She is home on dex now and we are waiting to hear from her regular oncologist today to see if she can begin the new trial early, though I know that the protocols for washout are typically very strict. Please keep her in your prayers. She has been looking forward so much to this wedding, and as recently as last week she told me she felt great and I was actually happy she was on a chemo break. We are all very scared, but holding onto hope.
KirisMum is offline   Reply With Quote