View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
NEDenise

Red face Scans/echo today...PRAYERS welcome

Good Morning Friends,
Today is a day I've been dreading.
This morning I have an echo, followed immediately by a cardiologist appointment. As I'm sure many of you realize...both of my current magic bullets H and Tykerb both can cause low EF. If my EF is low, I have to come off both meds...and that terrifies me! My little brain needs that Tykerb to fight off new lesions.

Then...if I dodge the low EF bullet...I have a full body CT this afternoon to see if the BC is still "only" in my brain.

By this evening...I'll either be over the moon happy...or virtually inconsolable. I feel really good. I hope that's a good sign...but I also felt really, really good the day the onc called to tell me I had 2 brain tumors...so that doesn't give me any great comfort.

I'm sorry to be a downer...I know that's not usually my style...but I'm scared today. And, I honestly feel like I need my friends to lift me in prayer, send healing energy, share some good Karma...whatever you feel. If I end up off of H and Tykerb...prayer is all I have to protect me.

I do know there are other chemo meds I could take, but I'm pretty sure all of those have SEs that will mean an end to my feeling really good...and being able to teach. That would suck...royally...and make me feel my mortality in a way I don't look forward to. As long as I'm teaching...and in my classroom...that's proof to my little brain that I winning...that I'm NOT dying.

Ah well...it's time to head off for the echo. Sorry for rambling. But...you know how it is...better than anyone else in the world.

I'll let you know how it all goes.
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote