View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
charlotte

Re: just placed on hospice

Hi Gang: first thanks for the replys. to answer the TDM-1 I tried for it and its a no go. I sent them another email this week , still waiting for a response.
have tried the 5fu cream.. no sucess, never offered abraxane, Onc.said sure, I can run you through a whole bunch of tests... lets say a pet scan... they run a little over $5,0000. so your 20% would be $1,000.00 dollars and thats just one test, outcome will still be the same. He refuses to give me any more chemo.
I live in fla.
He kept on saying "there is nothing more , that I can do for you... the results will still be the same".
have not heard of pazoninio.
No, I have not given up... I am frankly beat down..
My mother died Feb. and my husband died March 17, 2010.( a total of 4 weeks for both of them). Obit is kent forest lawn.Luke jeffres, husband, and juanita hadley mother.I am not downplaying either deaths. I have cried atleast a gallen of tears.. I am learning real quick , when you cry it makes people uncomfortable... so I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and try to not talk about him/her and things like we were married for 28 years.I think I could have handeled this a little better if both of their deaths had not happened in 4 weeks.who knows?
They are going to take my port out soon and the cancer is all over it now.. I am afraid when they get in there , that will be it.
but I still know one thing, God is still in control, another one verse is God doesnt sleep. or close to that.
I had a garage sale Sat. trying to get up money for a headstone, People kept stealing my stuff right and left, I considered calling the police.one was tiffany glass, a lot of name brand stuff.
thanks again for the replys... and no ,I intend to fight this with all that I have in me.. I am "regrouping" now... I think I am just numb..
I can say, I feel better since off the tykerb and xeloda.
thanks , charlotte

Last edited by charlotte; 06-10-2010 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: spelling, addition of sentence
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote