View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
chrislmelb

Unhappy Re: Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

And more....
StephN, she tried Havalen as her last treatment but began to feel really unwell. This is when she went to hospital and was told if she kept up treatment she would die sooner.
This is a post she put 5th October when i asked after her well being:

I'm ok. Mainly just spending time sitting in my chair in our lovely front room. Quite a few visitors from Qld. I deteriorated quite a bit when I first got home but past couple of days have been better. I am very breathless on exertion and can no longer walk upstairs to my bedroom so we have moved into our spare room downstairs. The home care nurses have visited and will come twice a week to check my symptom management. I have a stool for the shower as I was exhausted standing and yesterday an oxygen converter arrived which I don't really need yet but just in case. I have my appetite back which is a nice feeling as eating gives me strength. I am living in blissful denial saving my energy, knitting, reading, writing, chatting.

A friend (who is having her 50th tonight!) rang her on Wednesday and she was coughing a lot. She and all of us are just so shocked by the suddenness.

I held Amanda in high regard for her extensive knowledge of this horrible disease. Unfortunately here in Oz we aren't up to you in trials etc. Amanda didn't want to waste time with her family(going overseas) to buy a bit more time even tho she had a very aggressive disease.
Thank you Amanda for the time you spent discussing my disease with me and for being such a positive influence.

DX Sept 03 age 40 Stage 2B Grade 3 mastectomy (after 2 prior breast conserving surgeries)
"at least" 2.3 cm 3/12 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2+++
8 FEC. Tamoxifen then Arimidex. Ovaries out.
"late" Herceptin for 2 years (18months after chemo) on HERA trial. finished Herceptin Nov 2007.
Multiple bone mets May 2012 and now liver August 2012.
Abraxne, Herceptin and Zometa.
June 2013 Tykerb, Xeloda and Xgeva

Last edited by chrislmelb; 10-14-2013 at 12:04 AM..
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote