View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
chrislmelb

Re: Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

I came home from a fab holiday last night to be confronted with this. I am devastated, to say the least, as she was such a beautiful person with time for all. I was planning on visiting her on my return. So quick as she only went to hospital and decided to stop treatment on September 24th. I know this date as she was meant to be with us on that day.
Dawny i am not sure if Amanda was changing her son's school, but she definitely saw him in uniform to start prep at school.
This is part of my post on the BCAUS forum i have been on since 2006.

Janine(founder) posted this quote re forum angels and i think it sums her up really well.

These are not women who succumbed or lost their battle. These are the women who teach us how to give, how to love and how to live; whose spirit is indomitable and their presence, in life and in their passing, is electric. For this we celebrate them. -- Tamar Paluch

She is to be celebrated greatly for being her, which was a beautiful person who fought hard to stay for her young family. Condolences to Brendan and her three lovely children.
Amanda will be greatly missed by those who knew her. xo
RIP Amanda

I am so sad i didn't get to see her. xo

DX Sept 03 age 40 Stage 2B Grade 3 mastectomy (after 2 prior breast conserving surgeries)
"at least" 2.3 cm 3/12 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2+++
8 FEC. Tamoxifen then Arimidex. Ovaries out.
"late" Herceptin for 2 years (18months after chemo) on HERA trial. finished Herceptin Nov 2007.
Multiple bone mets May 2012 and now liver August 2012.
Abraxne, Herceptin and Zometa.
June 2013 Tykerb, Xeloda and Xgeva
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote