View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #25
Rich66

Strange. Last minute negative IHC retest made local onc want to skip herceptin, and therefore skip carbo. The agreed 1st step was to do Taxol solely first round, meet with Dr. Cobleigh in Chicago after and go from there with any combinations. Still going to get 2nd FISH read somewhere. I wish I knew what lab Slamon relied upon. Anyone got 2nd opinion on equivocal her2 path?
Mom was up all the night before and the though of chemo made her a bit queasy. Doc said she'd give her an anti nausea pill. Turned out it was 1 miligram lorazepam. That made her absolutely loopy all day and part into the night. Benadryl made her legs extremele restless. I had to walk backwards in front of her to keep her from falling. Ended up canceling trip to Chicago based on Dr. Cobleigh's recommendation, trying to reschedule. Mom is fine today..maybe it would have been ok to go to Chicago.
That said, the Taxol part hasn't seemed to phase here too much. is harder to control bowel movements a potential SE? Overall she seems more comfortable with the idea of chemo. I just hope we can keep things moving and have aggressive enough treatment to get things more controlled. A couple interventional radiologists have expressed interest in her case after seeing scans. One told me they sometimes do IR (spheres etc) simultaneously with chemo when situation is dire.

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote