View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
Patrice1968

Re: Mediterranean diet helps prevent cancer...

The Mediterranean Diet is absolutely incredible! It has a very healthy balance of Omega 3's to Omega 6's. If you follow this diet, it has been known to help you reduce weight as you are eating more from the 3's, and yet the 3's are very tasty food sources! Healthy grains, salmon, olive oil, nuts, fresh fruit, leafy vegetables, the list goes on. And having a good balance of Omega 3 fatty acids to Omega 6 fatty acids is a cancer fighting weapon! It reduces the chances of getting cancer, or if you already have cancer it can help fight it, or at the very least help it not metastasize as much as it would have without. From what I've read a healthy ratio is 3:1 (Omega 6 to Omega 3). The people of Japan and Norway, as a whole, have long lives, and apparently this is part by eating the healthy omega ratio balance, which the Mediterranean Diet does as well. Yesterday had everything one would find in a "Mediterranean diet" in my meal plan, including unsalted nuts and baked salmon with a drizzle of olive oil. I've noticed that my weight is slowly going down by sticking to this plan, my cancer is getting attacked by all the good food, and to top it off cardiovascular problems and other problems such as allergies and asthma have been warded off or will be less of a problem. The above link was a great link to read - so good to see that something I'm doing is actually considered "healthy" for a change!

Sept 2010: 6 rounds Docetaxel, Herceptin and Tamoxifen indefinitely.

StayingHealthyEvenWithCancer.blogspot.com
Patrice1968 is offline   Reply With Quote