View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #78
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: NEDenise vs NEDecadron Smackdown!

Denise, Been thinking about you. So appreciated your update. Thank you.

Wanted to say -- you are doing everything -- and I mean everything -- right.

Click to play sound: Drumroll and Hit

Glad you're on Avastin and KNOW you will get results. I say that cause "you" KNOW you're going to be fine. You're talking to good, smart oncs (forget the doubters/hardline purists), you're talking to your body, and to your goop -- rejecting it with all you've got.

I definitely have been shouting out to Dr. Amy, since I heard what a cheerleader she is for you. I discussed her with the Universe and asked for more like her!!

You've stated your INTENTION clearly. You plan on living a long while. You plan on feeling like your old Self, though the Self we all get to talk to is pretty darn fantastic and awesome, puffy though she may be. We still love 'ya.

Tis sad the dumber docs live in a grey world.

Onions and garlic are sooo good. And chocolate (dark) too.

I will continue to post and pray. Love your boldness and shameless greed for Life! I applaud it in fact.

Have you ever tried Petite Sirah red wine? Spellbound from California. Or -- take some resveratrol. Good for you...

Love your magnificent radiant Spirit, even in the face of feeling so cruddy awful. I recall such days way back and (minus your incredible humor, I did laugh a lot, and crack jokes), I did tell myself to LET IT PLAY OUT.

I consciously chose to EMBRACE INNER NONRESISTANCE, aligning myself with the Present Moment (such as it was) KNOWING I was in the process of healing, and that I would get there. I decidedly allowed the suchness of the moment to simply be, not wasting time and energy (the latter being in pathetically low supply) to fret about what was. I kept moving forward. And you, Denise, clearly get all that!

Keep smiling my friend. Big hugs, Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote