View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #42
fauxgypsy

The message is to choose life in this moment, not to try and live forever. Someday, when you're tired and sore and want to leave your body, your death will be a healing--not a failure. You will have been an example of how to deal with adversity and leave a legacy of love.
Bernie S. Siegel

Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles is not a realist.
David Ben-Gurion

But in the mud and scum of things
``There alway, alway something sings.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

" There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with."
Harry Crews

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.
William James

I have learned from experience that
the greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

I don't want anyone to believe that I am a Pollyanna, always chirping about goodness and light. But neither do I want to be a victim, of other people or of circumstance. I rarely manage to be as positive as I wish that I could be. I do aspire to overcome ill health, bad moods, and anger. I am often far from successful. But quotes like these have always inspired me and given me the urge to try to create life the way I would like for it to be. To respond versus react. To deal with whatever comes into my life the best that I can.
Y'all keep the quotes coming.

Leslie
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote