Thread: scholorships
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
freyja

Smile I got it!

Woo hoo! I got financial aid from the University I'm returning to. I did the FAFSA app and got Pell grant, Oregon Opportunity Grant, Supplemental Ed Opportunity Grant, Federal Work Study Job and a couple loan offers.

I just might finish my dance dance degree now, plus I'm going to get certified as a teacher of Danceability International (see www.danceability.com) and I just had a workshop from the creator of the somatic technique Continuum (www.continuummovement.com)

I've always known that dance is my greatest passion, but after having a child and getting married, I got very distracted. I believe that's a big part of why my cancer progressed and appeared. I am going back to it, for my own health and well being, and to help others prevent similar things from happening to them, and help them heal from the challenges already upon them.

Thanks for your help and support.

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote