Thread: scholorships
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
freyja

Well, thanks for asking. I did some applications, but didn't qualify for a lot. Last year I worked until my diagnosis in August, which was just long enough to make my income for the year just above most limits for low income support. Most of the scholarships for moms are for single moms...don't they know married moms need educations, too? It's also been a very long time since I was last enrolled, so I think after I am back for a term or two and my GPA is really great, I may be able to get more help.
My major is dance, and a friend of mine has a nonprofit org called Danceability, teaching dance improvisation to people of all levels of physical and mental abilities. He can give me financial assistance to come with him to Uraguay next year to take his teacher certification course and I can start teaching his technique all over the world! Loving that plan!

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote