View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
linzer

Re: Will you share how you "live your legacy," with me?

I think it's so wonderful you've been chosen to speak and share your insight. I'm fairly new to all of this having just been dx'd in May. I do think differently now in the sense that I don't say "no" to things as often. I am much more apt to try new things or put myself out there. I've always been an extrovert, but now I'm really trying to connect more deeply with people and do things I may have passed off either to inconvenience or not being interested enough. Now I try to participate more in life and make more memories. I also am always in the picture literally now. Before I was the one taking the picture, or refusing to be in it because I was overweight or didn't think I looked good that day. Now I want my children to have as many memories of me as possible- just in case.

Overall I think positively and try to imagine a life beyond all of this but I do wonder what my long term prognosis is and realize that I need to live fully while I can. If it ends up that I make it many more years then all the better to have lived them with vigor and purpose.

Please share with us what you decide to include in your speech. I'd love to hear your thoughts and perspective. Thanks for asking for asking for ours. Linda
linzer is offline   Reply With Quote