View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #20
StephN

Hello All -
This is a good way to get quick updates on some of the members.
Guess Cindy and I will be sipping our wine at a cafe in Paris around the same time. She may be leaving just ahead of us by the sound if it.

I am Stephanie and I have been fighting aggressive BC for over 4.5 years. I have had mets to liver and brain. Fought the numerous and large mets out of my liver with some hard chemo and Herceptin. Brain mets revealed this Jan by annual MRI. Gamma Knife radiosurgery on Jan 18. Last MRI was good and I have my second followup this MOnday.

Having pulmonary functions and chest CT tomorrow to try to run down the cause of my shortness of breath and tightness in my chest. Got 3 docs on it now.

I do work out 3-4 times a week and can't seem to progress much on the machines like I should. But my legs are getting stronger in anticipation of the walking I will be doing in France.

We just keep sharing our trials, tribulations and good news. My friend had good news this week. She will stay on Falsodex and Herceptin as it seems to have kept her disease at bay and her latest tumor/lymph node seems to be inactive. So many of us are able to "maintain" and live a full life.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote