View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #13
VDC

Re: how long is too long to wait for a trial?

THANKS to all of you! I spent today lining up new mammograms and possibly MRI. Mammo for sure is set. My oncologist from Mayo said it should show any progression since my "variety of cancer" has a ton of calcification that show up under mammo conditions. Hopefully more calc's would indicate the rate of growth. At least my onc thought so. It is a place to start. Depending on the outcome of this, will determine which scan to do next. At least I have some action going! Finally. I should hear about the clinical trial by the end of January and it will probably take that long for all the new tests and scans. So they should coincide and at least I'll have some idea of what I am facing NOW. (instead of what I was facing in November) Thanks guys! Any other suggestions? I don't mind bluntness at all. I'm a pretty blunt gal myself. ;-) Any tests or scans that you would recommend? I am new to this and don't mind more information. I'm also a scientist by trade so I don't scare easily....and I research much!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote