View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #16
Chelee

Re: new development surgery on Saturday

Pam,
My heart really goes out to you...I know how scary this all is for you. But you are going to need help doing everything for a while. Your doctor is right when he said you need someone with you all the time. (Very good advice.) Your not going to be up to doing much of anything by yourself--I can almost guarantee that. I was pretty much incapacitated for a good two wks.

If you will feel more at ease going to a rehab for a wk or so then do that. (Actually it might be a good idea.) That way you will get some good pain relief and around the clock care till your feeling better. You will get more rest that way too.

To be honest I didn't want to come home when I was released...but they booted me out anyway. Talk this over with your family and figure out what is best for you. I'm just so sorry you have to go thru this...you have had more then your share. Becky made a good point about the Holidays--and wanting a script for a stronger pain med "just in case". Very good idea. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, you can count on that.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.

Last edited by Chelee; 12-17-2010 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling error.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote