View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
michka

Re: Michka, how are you doing?

Oh! how sweet of you for asking...
I am OK. More than OK.
I started TDM1 a little more than 8 months ago with numerous tumors in my lungs liver chest and abdomen.
Today on the scans they see 2 spots on my liver and a spot where I had a tumor pushing on my bile duct and had to have a stent put in.
They also see a small spot on my lung that never moved.
They say I am stable but in fact they do not write the word "tumor" anymore on the scan report. For the liver I always thought (because I have old scans) that the spots that did not move are the scars from my resection and from the RFA. The one in my lung is small. It could be anything and it never moved while all the other ones disappeared. I am more worried about the one near the stent. It just a few mm but shows up on the scan. Is it a tumor, inflammation from the stent?
When I ask if they know what all those "things" are they say no. They say it is imaging and that the only way to know would be a biopsy but all this is too small.
So for me it is very very positive. They also do markers. My CA 15.3 and HER2 serum are back to normal now.I had a good brain MRI last month.

TDM1 has not been easy for me at all. I wrote about my side effects in the TDM1 side effects thread. I am worried about the traces they see on the top of both my lungs and that did not exist at the beginning of the treatment. They say they do not know what it is!
I strongly believe it is much more toxic than what is said. However, I still think it is a terrific treatment and really worth taking it. I am so lucky it worked for me when Herceptin never did. I am so so sad it did not work for FOB and others. I hope they can figure out the sub-types of women for whom it works or doesn't.

Now all my energy is to try to gain in quality of life.
I also hope TDM1 will be announced real fast now in the US and in Europe without 50 restrictions because it could save so many women.

Love to all. Carpe Diem! Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+