View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Lien

Re: CHRISTINE ~ New Issue ~ Please Input

Hi Danielle,

I'm sorry to hear Chris is dealing with all these issues. Re. food: Sometimes the food doesn't smell or taste right, so people do have an appetite, but don't finish their meal. Also, it might be that she doesn't like eating alone? Or she just doesn't like the food she is offered? When my youngest was in hospital with pneumonia, they wouldn't let him go home until he started eating. But he would only take tiny bites and then stop. Until my husband went home and made him his favorite dish. He devoured the fried potatoes with ketchup that we gave him. Ofcourse Chris isn't a small child, but if she does have an appetite, doesn't want to go to hospice and eats the foods you bring her, something else must be amiss. Would it be doable to bring her something to eat every day and be with her while she eats it? That way you might be able to figure out what is keeping her from eating enough. Also, there could be a medical issue. What if she is eating, but for some reason her metabolism has changed drastically? It may take some detective work.

I do so hope Chris will have some more Quality Time with you!

Please know that you are in my heart.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote