View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #9
tousled1

Emelie,

When I was on the A/C I had no tumor shrinkage. When I was on the Taxatere my tumor shrank considerably. It's not the A/C that shrinks tumors, it's the taxanes. It's a hard call to make but I have no regret having the neoadjunct chemo then surgery. My onc and surgeon both wanted to me have a lumpectomy but I opted for a bilateral mastectomy. I have a very strong history of breast cancer on both my mother and father's side, also ovarian cancer on my father's side. I had previously had a lump (benign) removed -- one from each breast. My MRI showed extensive microcalcifications in the left breast and a 7mm questionable area. I thought long and hard and decided on bilateral mastectomy and I'm glad I did. As for radiation -- that is usually done after surgery not before. If I were you I'd wait and see if the tumor is shrinking with the Taxatere. You didn't mention how large your tumor is or if you have had any scans/MRIs done.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote