View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Smile kat in the delta

How large was your tumor when it was discovered? I am no ONC/ M.D. ,but I thought that the taxotere/toxol (both are Taxanes) shrink or stop the growth. My cousin took the same one as you and could feel and even see hers shrinking!- hers was initially 5 cm and in a bad location..(she was not her2+,and had it also in her spine, hips, and chestbone-and HAD to STOP the TAX. for surgery on her 6th vertebrae- which was a bit scarey-but she had to weigh the odds. She will get rad. and when her surgery heals, she will begin again on the Tax.asap,which was really helping shrink her tumor.). I would want my Onc to send me for a scan in the middle of treatments to see if the TAX.and hercep. was even helping because some chemos.may not even Get To your tumor!!
Can YOU tell yet by seeing or feeling it?
?
If so, I would wait 'til I had finished all the TAX. , then get scanned. If the Tax. shrinks it enough for the surgeon to get clear margins, I would have surgery- at the end of my Taxt. treatments. ( I think you can still be taking the Herceptin ..). This is my own opinion, and what I'd do. Also remember to ask your Onc. Surgeon. They know alot, so ask ( his or her opinion). Let me know how you are.
kat in the delta

Last edited by kat in the delta; 01-29-2007 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: left out
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote