View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
harrie

Re: Acupunture and "sick energy"

Ah, thank you SO MUCh everyone. I was a bit apprehensive to put this online with worry that I might hear additional info that would make me more apprehensive.
Hearing her words was pretty close to when I first heard my dx. Terrible!! My biggest fear was maybe by some remote chance she was right on. Maybe picking up stuff before western medicine is able to. Who knows.... :-(
Steph, I have only gone to her maybe 6 times in my life. She lives in Calif and I usually go to see her when I am in town to see my onco.
I live in HI, so when I went to see her I was a little jet-lagged plus running around a bit ragged.
She has given my some "stuff" before (Chinese herbal stuff) for increased circulation or whatever.
I have minimal experiece with acupunturists and almost no knowledge of Chinese medicine. I do know that it is a very old science.
I always thought she was very professional with my best interests in mind.
My onco reaction after reading my email explaining the situation is that she bordered on being unprofessional and irresponsible. But he did ask my permission to call her to find out how she came to her conclusions.
I would never base all my health concerns on eastern medicine and I do have a fantastic oncologist. But this just threw me in the loop.
I thank you all for your input. you don't know how much it is appreciated. It makes me just that much more relaxed.
Love to you all....

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara

Last edited by harrie; 05-04-2010 at 12:00 AM..
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote