View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:47 AM   #6
Paula O

Re: www.littlepink.org

Hi Karen,

Nope, I was not at the MD retreat. Our family participated in the Oak Island N.C. retreat a couple years ago and I have volunteered at two LPHOH FL retreats (volunteering is also super fun).

This was another highlight on the retreat last week (activities vary from retreat to retreat, depending on what has been donated at that location): http://drummagic.net/about-drum-magic. In our drum circle we drummed our hearts out and one of the songs we sang was an African chorus which basically says, "I am well with myself"...like standing up on that paddleboard or climbing to the top of a lighthouse, very empowering. I like that all the activities are TOTALLY OPTIONAL and family members can do or not do any or all of them. There are also activities for those who have little stamina.

Here's a short write up on Jeanine referencing the recent Self Magazine article: http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...u0yv5ked0e2546

To those applying,(www.littlepink.org) the more retreat locations/dates one is available for when signing up, does increase the possibility of being chosen. Sometimes unexpected spots also do open up when families who are initially chosen are not able to attend after all due to health, etc. This is the 2014 schedule--there may well be additional locations/different dates in 2015:

Retreat Schedule
2014 Retreat Locations:

April 27-May 3, Carolina Beach, NC – Application Closed

May 4-10, St. John, USVI (Couples only Retreat) – Applications Closed

May 11-17, Outer Banks, NC -Applications Closed

June 1-7, Bethany Beach, DE- Applications Closed

June 1-7, Ocean City, MD -Applications Closed

June 22-28, Key West, FL – Applications Closed

July 27- Aug 2, Emerald Isle, NC – Applications Closed

Aug 24-30, Gulf Shores AL – Applications Closed

Sept 14-20, Oak Island, NC – Applications Closed

Sept 24-30, Lake Tahoe, CA – Applications Closed