View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:46 AM   #655
Cif

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

You should be asleep. But your posts help so many including myself. Like me, a lot of folks read and not post, so imagine how many more you help than u r aware of. Thank you. Now, did I mention herceptin and insomnia ... Basically every side affect ha ha. Regarding better management, no clue how to do that since the docs will not read this site and believe everyone can work fulltime though chemo and besides hair loss only other symptoms are during injection and none afterward, and herceptin has no side affects. Basically they say i'm a wimp i try to explain i'v never gone to docs beforennthis and prefer not to now, and told them i never could do drugs because things like nyquil would kick my butt even in tiny doses. Except for asprin I'm only quilty of being hypersensitive to dosing, but i'm size of a flea and should be dosed based on sensitivity, not based on weight with street cloths and silicone. Ha, i gained weight day i got the new girls, can't believe they don't subtract that.

My guess is they plug in info into hospital program and robotically prescribe what computer burps out without factoring experience, and patient history and metabolism, etc. I got the dose change because I went from timid to a foot stomp raised public voice that silicone and a belt buckle should not be included to determine dose. Sort of funny because i stuttered the burst and most around the area knew me before that herceptin side affect started and first time in my life I was going to publicly strip to prove what my weight was and as I started to is when they agreed. I guess the quite mouse roared. Seriously though, a 130 pound person can probably have the mass to metabolize a 10-30 unit additional dosage than a 106 pound lean flea could. Common sense should be used, if person is becoming disabled and unable to walk, drive, etc then decrease the dose; instead it was recommended to invest in wheel chair. Yes, I cried because Coming from a doctor I interpret that to mean that is my destiny. I was told six rounds of chemo then I'd resume activity lifestyle without any change. If I knew otherwise I would have done labor intensive home repairs and a few bucket list things before starting the treatments and started a month later.
Hugs, and thank you
Cif is offline   Reply With Quote