View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #652
Cif

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Ditto pricking feeling, cold shower helps

Left mast nov 2013, chemo TCH started dec 2013 thru April 2014 21 day cycle. chemo was Tch every 21 days tI'll April 2014, now with only herceptin every 21 days in the current mix no other meds. Before first chemo menstrals were clock perfect but last one went with hair 20 days After first chemo. Left idc stage 2 ER+ her2+++ one node pos.

Herceptin issues started after last chemo, which means some steroid or co-chemo medicine may be solution to solve herceptin issues. My next herceptin is Monday, I'll probably ask to skip it and ask for a break or I fear one more treatment and I'll be perm handicapped and bed riden or wheel chair and lose the two working fingers left (ring finger both hands) all the others got trigger finger, are stuck in bent configuration and forcing them straight is painful and may break them, ditto with toes. The fingers started two treatments ago, the feet, knees, toes, elbow started with the first solo herceptin, ditto with falling, stumbling, no longer being able to do math, bills, writing, and speaking now is stuttering and wrong words or just like a stroke. I was never sick before starting chemo, and rarely needed medical intervention except from extreme sport mishap which was rare. Now becoming a regular Emergency room visits from falling, hands dropping or slipping with the knife, or failing to hold something and it falling or hitting head, eye, etc. Fatigue is overwhelming but unable to sleep. Strangely I'll have one good day in between treatments where I can function normally and run non-stop and do weeks worth of chore catchup but I cannot turn it off, I just go go and then crash on couch for a few days. I stopped exercising and yoga, seemed the more I tried to defy and fight back the worse joint,tendon, etc issues got. Read a herceptin post where someone said to veg while on herceptin to avoid joint pain getting worse, and it that helped. Now tons of sweats, my body temp and blood pressure is all over the board, and if sun heat hits skin it feels like I rolled in pink insulation all over body. Neuropathy hit privates in addition to feet, hands. The doctor says to ride out until the scheduled completion date of dec 2014. But no confidence in med staff since they also sAid that dry eyes, and other typical chemo symptoms where not asssaociated with chemo and I should be working full-time. Found a survivors group After my last chemo and found out my issues were typical. A nurse in the survivor group suggested I ask my GP or cardiologist for clonidine HCL for the sever hot flushes that started Fter third chemo that the oncologist sAid was unrelated to chemo, after months of hell after one tiny pill it solved them, maybe needing one every other month. Oxycocone is the only relief I get from herceptin neuropathy, left over from mastectomy. I take a half one one or twice a week just to catch a break to keep going. Turning my wrist feels like electrocution. Having to pee at night every 30 minutes and having to crawl the first few yards until Tentons in ankle can move and handle weight. Bloody and running nose, loss of appetite first two weeks after a treatment. I eat on a schedule but always lose 10 pounds first four days of treatment, then gain it back by the time of next treatment. I lose time and confused, resulting in near,y burning house down at least once a month with the stove. I'll go into the kitchen to feed the dog at six, and the next thing half hour to four hours gone by and still in same spot in kitchen. When I walk and feeling well and stronge I'll ver off to the right and walk with a cane now to stab the ground with to stop the ver. At other times my legs just fold And just before hitting the ground recover. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a drunk walking the streets. There are more herceptin issues, and yes I did report them to herceptin folks, Which was like trying to get though a brick wall, pretty sure they don't care. No clue how to contact FDA yet. So now trying to determine quality or quantity of life, leaning toward quality and stopping herceptin. Next post I'll use a real keyboard vs online text one fo improve quality.
Cif is offline   Reply With Quote