View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #647
lucky4x

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Hi there!
I haven't been here in so long, but I thought I should post this as I am a Herceptin Life-timer. I have been on Herceptin since Sept, 2005. Every 3 weeks, via Port, without fail. I have Syma (Canada) or Mugga scans every 3 months and see my onc. every 3 months. I am lucky that the mets to both lungs that were discovered in 2005 are completely gone and I have had complete response to Herceptin. Side-effects? Nothing I would ever complain about but since you asked... my nails are crap, therefore I get bio-gels once a month (but its $$!) and sinus probs with sores in nose but like I said nothing to complain about. My heart is fine, I dragon-boat race on weekends and practice 3x a week with a whole boat (22 women) of breast cancer survivors. I am lucky to be able to have herceptin as I am a 4 time survivor, since 2000. When I asked for Herceptin in 2002, I was not able to have it- I didn't have mets. Boy am I glad that rule has changed and now it is given as part of a regiment for Her2pos patients. Memory loss- not from Herceptin- but def. from chemo. Always happy to speak to anyone about my story, about Herceptin especially since it worked so well for me. By the way, I was given the choice to go off it .... I said "NO WAY! It's the only thing keeping me alive"!