View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #493
Edi

Unhappy Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Hi Lani,

first of all, i need to inform you that I’m not English native speaker, hope that you will be able to understand to what i have to say.
My mom is on the 13 cycle of herceptine, her biopsy test is her2 stage 3+ positive of the breast cancer, all the rest was clean (such as bones, lungs liver kidneys etc.), also she is diabetic, during chemo (doxorubicin 6 cycles, docetaxel 4 together with herceptine0. During this period she was fine, she finalized radiation therapy oct 2009 perfectly, after the 12 cycle of herceptine which is taking every three weeks, she got a flu and had problem with lungs, during this period, her oncolog was on holiday, and i had to direct her to another doctor who is just Chest Doctor. He is suspecting on having a spread since her lungs look in very bad condition, (i hope that I’m using the right words, i again apologies).
According to her oncolog, it is impossible to have a spread of the cancer during the cycles, i am wondering is this true or not.

She has 5 more cycles of herceptine to go, but right now, she is being treated from so called lung disease, which made her very weak.

it is worth to mention that, every time she took the herceptine, after 3-4 days she was feeling very bad, and for a week or so, she was recovering. this effects made me think to stop with herceptine, but her oncolog advised not to do so, since according to her it is a perfect medicament.

i hope and appreciate to have an opinion or information on this regard,

Thanks allot, Edi