View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 AM   #219
astrid

Year over

I finished my year of herceptin in May of 2007. I had quite a few side effects that were not listed in the printed material for the drug. My blood pressure rose from 130 over 70 to 155 over 85. It is back to 130 over 75 at last check. My eyelashes fell out every three months over the year. My hair grew really slow while I was on H. But the worst part was the headaches that I started to develop the last few months. I am not prone to headaches and I would get headaches that put my in bed for several hours, a week after my treatment. Have not had a headache since I have been off. I also had to take my infusion for over an hour every time or the headaches the day of infusion would be bad. I had to have a driver to take me home because I would tire all of a sudden. My drive was an hour and I could not risk it. When I got home, I had to go to bed. The bad side effects did not really start until month 10. We quit my H one treatment short of my year protocol because my reactions were getting worse. I did not realize how bad I felt until I see how good I feel now that I am done.