View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #34
Merry

Re: I'm Taking Care of My Mom

I was thinking about getting Mom some books, but her vision is poor and she has a hard time reading the paper with 2 pair of those drugstore magnifying glasses on and a magnifying glass.
I bought a large puzzle for her to do and it was originally my plan for us both to do it but it's on a desk with only 1 chair. I advise her when she gets stumped on whether some pieces fit, but it's her's to at least not sit in front of the tv all day. It seems that I'm the one who is watching her fade away and I see her in her weaker moments when she doesn't know I'm there. I don't know what to do or how to help except keep cleaning the house, fixing my brother's lunches and dinner, feeding and walking the dog, working on her flowers for her and I try to entice her appetite which she is losing. I still get mad at her and I don't mean to, really but she's still my "old" Mum (a nod to the Aussie Lady, lol) who has managed to annoy me off and on my whole life.
Then I feel guilty knowing that in awhile I'll be crying and wishing that she was there to piss me off again! What a paradox, lol
I had to get her car worked on today. It's gonna be at least $1400 but we need a car. It's really my car anymore anyway and it has to take me back to New Mexico when the time comes. I've been sitting here at the car shop for 7 hours and I'm down to 2 hrs on my lappy (my laptop lol) and I finished my book. I'm sick of watching ESPN and I still have to get groceries and have never been gone from Mom this long. CRAZY DAY! I need a vacation, lolol a day at a hotel where I can sleep for 12 hrs would be so sweet!
Oh since you're a dog person I have to tell ya this story. I was walking that whacked out Boxer Shooter and I saw some pretty daffodils growing along the road so I stopped to take a pic of them. (I take my camera everywhere). I was crouched down in front of a group of them when Shooter wandered over, cocked his leg and PISSED on them right when I took the pic!! LoLoL Mom was so amused when I showed her. I had to post it on my facebook page so my family and friends could see. What a nutty dog! Ok, that's my tale of woe and not so much woe for today. Thanks for letting me bore ya...and tell Archie woof bark bark!

Peace, G
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote