View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
Karen Wheel

Re: ~This Sounds So Terrible Of Me, Please Forgive Me

Marie -
Honestly you and Ed have been such an inspiration for me and I read all your posts and feel I know you. Thank you for feeling safe enough to share this with us here.... it is so good to get it out!

I hear you are so exhausted. Although, I don't know exactly how you feel as I am the one who is Her2, not the caregiver. However, sometimes, even in my short 6 months of this fight, (note mine has been nothing like your fight with Ed), but for my man, I feel has it harder for him, than me.... as he feels so helpless and sometimes doesn't know what to do or say.

Don't feel bad, don't ask for forgiveness... I think that not only is Ed doing all he can, but you are also the twin Oak here in this case.

This disease is so brutal and so senseless and there is no other way to deal with it but head on and you both have done that. Its normal to feel everything you are feeling and it is so great that you can share it here and your sisters (and brothers) can hold you up in love, positive power, energy and prayers.

Crying with you -and I've also said plenty of bad words, &@%^@#(#*!!! so! Now, you are not alone!

xo Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote