View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
kareneg

Unhappy Another short lived treatment

Well Doxil has stopped working. It seems the last few treatment have lasted only four or five months. I seen the doctor today and he told me that two spots in the liver and the spot on my pancreas have doubled in size the largest being 5.7x4.2cm in the liver. So starting tomorrow I will be on Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin. I just hope and pray that it keeps these pesky buggers at bay longer than four or five months. I have been having fevers for almost two months was in the hospital for two days and they could find no reason for the fevers well this is the cause it was the tumors growing. I just hope I get some relief soon these fevers have knocked me right down. In this nine year rollar coaster ride I have never felt so sick. And this will be the fourth time I will be losing my hair. I have been holding off on dying it good thing I did lol. All I want to do is feel better, thanks for listening to me vent I love you all and this site has kept me going for along time know.

IDC
DX 1998 STAGE I ER+/ PR+
AC CHEMO TILL FEB 1999
Tamxofin till 2001
2001 exstensive liver mets and mets to lungs
Started weekly taxol
Jan 2002 found out I was strongly HER2POS+++ started herceptin continued with taxol and herceptin till June 2002 then from June 2002 till Jan 2005 just herceptin and Arimidex
2005 Navelbine herceptin had RFA Then back on taxol with herceptin
April 2006 progression again went on clinical trial with tykrerb/herceptin progressed on the started Xeloda/ herceptin
Feb 2007 started Doxil
August 2007 Taxotere,Carboplatin and Herceptin exstensive mets to liver and pancreas
October 2007 Had to stop Carboplatin due to sever allergic reaction
Jan 2008
Stopped Taxotere due to progression now on Gemzar and Herceptin
March 2008 Starting Carboplatin, Abraxane, and Herceptin.
kareneg is offline   Reply With Quote