View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #180
Marily

Andrea, I have been on Herceptin since 2000. Sometimes I go up to normal with my bloodcounts but most of the time I remain under the norm. I started doing chi gong, an exercise form of tye chi, and found that when I do it regularly it has made a big difference in the way I feel. I have not taken meds to bring up the counts, my Dr feels that I should make my own body do that. She runs a blood count before every dose of Herceptin. They watch for Potassium and other levels also. That seems like a must because they base whether I get my Herceptin on my blood counts. I was doing wonderful for many years, having my Herceptin run in about 1/2 hour and than I was out and on my way... Somewhere in the past year I started developing a reaction to the Herceptin, so now I take it double diluted and over 2 1/2 hours and my body tolerates it better. I started at stage IV, 7 years ago and I feel the Herceptin has been my saving grace. So when I get tired of it all... I just think I am alive and still living life with happiness and love. It puts it all into perspective again. Don't give up. Just sit down and discuss things with your onc, ask questions why he does not do blood counts.. and is he willing to check this for you? If he is not willing talk to your primary care and have her or him watch the counts and the ejection fraction of your heart. I have my PCP get all tests from all my Doctors and she is the one who so to speak, captains the ship. You need someone to be in controle the main part of the wheel, to speak.. She gets the whole picture and gets to me immediately if there is a conflict since each doctor only sees a bit of the piece and she sees the whole me. Hope this helps
Hugs Marily
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote