View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
TriciaK

I am shocked by your story, Robin, especially that you were involved in the medical field and still misdiagnosed. My younger sister (my only sibling) kept telling her doctor in the late 1970's that she was worried about a growing breast lump. He kept telling her for 11 months it was nothing to worry about. SHe lived in a small town in ALaska. Finally she called me in Arizona and asked me to make an appointment with my doctor. I did and she flew down. Of course it was cancer and already spreading. She fought it for 7 years until she died in 1985, the same year I was diagnosed. I am sure I wouldn't have been so vigilant except for her insistance that I be. Of course there was not the treatment available 21 years ago that there is now, but I believe she could have been saved if her original doctor had only listened to her. I have been fighting BC for over 20 years now, with my last mets (to the lungs) showing up in 2004. I am now NED, thanks to herceptin, an on-the-ball oncologist and all the info on this website.I only hope that you are getting the best treatment possible now, Robin. Please stay in touch on this wonderful website. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote