View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
tricia keegan

Re: Two Chemo drugs linked to BC spread

Cutiepie, I would have disregarded this out of hand straight away, if it were true it would be huge news and in every newspaper and on news tv show. I also had these meds and while they can certainly leave us with some side effects we're both years out from cancer and that is worth the risk to me. As we age we do have bone issue's regardless of cancer or not, I'm sure genes come into that in a huge way. I took hormone therapy for ten years too and felt no better when I stopped, my aches were simply old age catching up with me although I am very active and walk ninety minute's every day. Chemo is not perfect but it's the best we have, the risks were explained to me and I took them and would do the same tomorrow. However I don't believe for a minute that the drugs I had cause cancers to spread and it's a shame we don't have a link to the article but I really would'nt wowrry about it.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote