View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
gloriacreamer

Re: Question re Lymphedema??

I am a certified lymphedema therapist with my own practice in La Jolla CA. I love to help my patients with lymphedema who have difficulty with any ongoing care due to financial reasons. My clinic accepts most health insurances, which has been a relief for many. Many people after surgery do into a latency form and will develop lymphedema sometimes years after the surgery. SO, any information to all would be very helpful. Also, please understand that lymphoma can't be cured but managed. Everyone with even a slight amount of edema should seek therapy. The therapy should be a complete program with lymphatic massage, compression bandaging, skin care, progressing to compression garments, instruction of self lymphatic massage, self compression bandaging which should be worn during the night once the compression garment is removed, ongoing skin care and lymphedema exercises. All this should maintain. If not please see a certified Lymphedema therapist for on going treatments. Many require active treatments from time to time.
Gloria Creamer P.T.
gloriacreamer is offline   Reply With Quote