View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
caya

Rina,

I'm sorry you have to deal with this vertigo problem - but as others have said it could be many things. Have you been taking any new medications lately? Even something that would seem relatively inocuous - my oldest DD was on a drug for mild acne a few years ago, and about 4 - 6 weeks after starting to take it developed vertigo - really dizzy. We had her at neurologists, the dermatologist etc. - Finally our GP diagnosed her - a very rare side effect of that particular drug -but she had seen it in her practice a few times over the years with teenagers/young adults. As soon as my DD stopped taking that pill, the vertigo subsided (although it took awhile).
Could also just be a virus, like labrynthitis (inner ear virus that causes vertigo - my DH had this a few times, there is basically nothing you can do for it, it just has to pass).
Obviously you have to get this checked out, but I am just trying to give you other possible reasons why you could be experiencing this, other than brain mets.
Try to be positive, as others have said, with your path stats etc. it is so unlikely to be brain mets. But of course this is always our fear as BC, especially HER2+, survivors.
I am praying for you today -
xo Caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote