Thread: Port Problems
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #20
Bill

Hi Anne! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope you and your family are doing well. I forgot to say earlier that you don't have to take any guff from your onc. His attitude was uncalled for. It's your health, not his. Quick story-a fews years back my wife's onc. was killed in a plane crash, a wonderful man. We tried a new doc who once told my wife over the phone that her concerns about losing weight on chemo. were unfounded, because she "could afford to lose a few pounds", and then when my wife had other questions for her, the doctor literally told her not worry about such things because the answers were "beyond her education level". Some of you may remember Nicola's postings on those issues. Anne, we switched oncs. the next day. We were lucky enough to have a large group within the same practice to choose from, and the new doc met all of our needs. I hope you have an alternative to that onc. with the bad mood. You should feel comfortable asking any question and receiving an adequate answer. Stay strong, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote