Thread: Ugg
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
WolverineFan

Re: Ugg

Hey Rich,

I am glad you turned to the board when feeilng down, and I truly hope you are feeling better. I believe you are doing right by your mom by asking so many questions of the doctor's. I am one of those people that like having lots of information, so I ask questions all the time. I couldn't agree more with Pam. The doctors don't have all the information and thus, they don't know everything, but the way I look at it, is they can learn from the patients and their caregivers as well, so continue to ask away!! Just as an example, I've questioned my onc about the fact that I break out in a rash after Herceptin because it is not listed on the sheet they gave me as a side effect. She stressed several times to me that Herceptin doesn't cause a rash. I came home, printed off responses from other women on this board that have experienced the same problem, and gave them to her. We are all in this together !!!

I hope you are feeling better and that your mom is doing okay.

3/35/2009 - Diagnosed, age 39
5/7/09 - Mastectomy and reconstruction started. Two tumors found. Tumors were side by side. DCIS tumor was 2.8 cm, ER-, PR-, grade 2. Invasive tumor was 1.1 cm, poorly differentiated, grade 3, ER+90%, PR+95%, HER2+3. Thankfully, no node involvement.
5/29/09 - Second surgery resulting from difficulty healing from mastectomy.
6/2/09 - Began Herceptin treatments
6/23/09 - Began Taxotere and Carboplatin treatments along with Herception every 3 weeks.
10/06/09 - Completed Taxotere and Carboplatin - Yeah!!!
10/27/2009 - Herceptin maintenance and began Femara
12/10/2009 - 2nd stage reconstruction surgery
2/2010 - Body rejected saline implant
3/18/2010 - Second stage reconstruction using silicone implant
5/4/10 - Completed Herceptin - YEE-HAA!
May '10 - Body rejects silicone implant...taking a break.
11/29/10 - Hysterectomy
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote