View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
RobinP

Becky, how are ya, probably on the chat now, ah? Well, anyway I agree on multiple medical opinions, perhaps more than two. Here's why. A certain major NY City cancer center, that I am not suppose to disclose due to a legal payoff to me for their mistake, misdiagnosed me on my second pathology opinion.

I had a lumpectomy locally where only DCIS was found. Then the major cancer center did a second opinion and agreed it was only DCIS. Then I had a mastecomty with sentinel due to large size of DCIS. That's when the micro met node was found and they didn't know what to make of it for prognosis, particulary since I had only DCIS. Then they said do CMF for six month, just to be safe. Anyway, after I was done CMF, I had the lumpectomy slides checked since I finally noticed that my pathologist at the major cancer center was not "breast pathologist but anotomical". So I had their " breast pathologist" check the slides for a third time and that's when the freaking invasive 4mm her2+ bc was found. And the orginal pathologist at the major cancer center was required to admend his records. In other words, he agreed he made an error. Scary story, isn't it from a major cancer center?