View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #12
spiritualabundance

Re: How long is too long...Please help...

Another big thanks to everyone. First, thinkpositive, no one has indicated to me that chemo is necessary first to treat this. I met with 2 oncologists, now I've met with 2 surgeons, and even a plastic surgeon. None of them have indicated that the route for me would be chemo first. Surgery first is what I've always anticipated. That being said, I did heed the advice of you lovely ladies and instantly found a wonderful surgeon, a little bit further away in the next county. Listen, I'm not saying that a man cannot do a fabulous job but this female surgeon just gets 'it'. I got an appointment with her within 3 days of my first call. I saw her on Thursday and she talked to me for a good half an hour. Then she went out to let me change for the exam. When she came back in, she said, "How would you like to do the surgery Monday?" I was in shock. Thinking I was going to have to wait another 4-6 weeks I wasn't prepared for such an assertive response. She then was worried about sentinel node biopsy privileges at the hospital she would have to perform the surgery (thanks to Humana) so while she was out she also texted a big wig about the AMA regulations. When she came back in to see me, he texted back and told her she does have privileges. She gave me a high five and I said, "see, that's what an advocate does!". I'm so thrilled and relieved. Remarkably, my body and mind feel so much better these past few days. It's unbelievable what a little positive thinking and positive news can do for one's mind and soul.

Thanks again to all of you. I'd add my bio but I haven't figured that one out yet. I'll get to it. I'm pretty savvy just need to find time.

-Diane
spiritualabundance is offline   Reply With Quote