View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
MJo

Re: Pinay88 - Donna Are you out there

I don't remember the name of the shot I had to take 24 hours after my AC treatment, but it was a white blood cell enhancer. Didn't work. I got so anemic I couldn't sit up. Then I got a respiratory infection. Never took the 4th AC because I thought it would kill me. So I congratulate you for getting all four of them. One thing I learned from cancer is that every single human being is different and reacts differently to medication.

The AC has likely slaughtered any stray cancer cells in your body, and the Taxotere and Herceptin will continue to search and destroy. LOL. You need to watch the joint pain and the neuropathy with Taxoteres. I was very lucky and had few problems. I even went back to work.

Remember-- when chemo and radiation is all over, don't be too impatient about feeling 100%. It takes about a year!! And chemo brain can linger. Plus Herceptin can tire some people out. We are veterans of a type of "war." You could even say some of us suffer from PTSD. So be very patient and gentle with yourself. Hard to do when you have little kids tugging at you, but please try.

Your hair might come back thick and curly. Mine was beautiful. I hoped the gray wouldn't come back but no such luck. LOL. The curl left in about 2 months, but I enjoyed it while I had it.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote