View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #15
Sherryg683

I think I read that the most likely time to reoccur, if you're going to, is within 17 to 22 months after treatment. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. If this is correct than your friends reoccurance wasn't that far from the average. I don't know how her oncologist could be so surprised. It will be 2 years from my original diagnosis and lung mets, in december and I have been in remission or NED since April of 05, so it's been 18 months and counting for me. There are many treatments that could help your friend, with more on their way. It's scarry and very hard, let your friend know you love her and give her a shoulder to cry, complain or cuss on when needed. That was what I found I needed and still need the most. Most of the people around me didn't know what to say and really don't feel comfortable talking about the cancer, other than saying "how are you". That's why I come here, I have people to vent to who know what I'm going through. You are a good friend to care enough to come here..sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote