View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
MagnoliaforJenny

I have not had the chance to go to any appointments, she has preferred to go alone. She has not even wanted her Mother with her. She's one strong willed woman! I will make sure that I offer that though next time we speak. This is all so taxing for her and I'm sure her Mom, I think it would be great to have someone else along just for a second ear.

She's a divorced Mom of two teens and very independent. I admire her strength and courage yet I know the first thing I would want is someone to be with me so I didn't miss something. They have labeled her "inoperable" and "chronic cancer"....I forgot to add that earlier I think. I'm not sure what all of that means, or if she really does either. It sounds ominous enough that I am sure she needs all the help she can get.

I promise to be cautious about offering any kind of medical anything, but I will pass on anything new I may learn so that she can ask her docs about it.

I am feeling more hopeful than I have in weeks. I am so inspired by your stories. This is a whole new realm for me. This is not my Grandmother's breast cancer. Things have changed so much since then, though she did beat it and lived until the age of 77!

I am diligent about getting my mammograms, especially since I've had two scares myself. Once with calcifications another with a fluid filled cyst. The calcifications have remained the same for 3 years and I hope it stays that way.

MagnoliaforJenny is offline   Reply With Quote