View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Looking for michka

MISHKA IS ALIVE !!

I saw, as did you Becky that January 30 was the last time she was logged in, but saw no posts from that day.

I have been emailing her since December when she had a crisis and recurrence and was fighting both the cancer and the powers that be. You all know how that goes.

You must be persistent and tenacious, never give up, never give in and keep fighting proactively.

That is precisely what Mishka is doing.

I got the email apparently a few days ago but haven't looked at my computer for days. Fighting off a flu that is going around.

Husband, daughter, SIL, grandsons all effected.

So, I am trying to come to myself. Sleeping a lot.

Today I sat for a look and saw Mishka had responded to my PM to her. And it said she had emailed me two days ago.

So I checked and sure enough I got all the details.

She is very tired, weak, with multiple regiments of chemotherapy and trying for a blood biopsy ? and something else. Was told only certain hospitals in France do such things. But when she went to one of those, she was told she "wasn't a good case".

I so hate that. I know you all feel the same. If cancer isn't enough to battle with.

Wound up having to pay out of pocket but did just that and got results.

Some of the tumors in lungs are HER2+.

She had been told she was now HER2-.

So MAYBE now she can go back on Herceptin and derive some benefit.

Many more details. Not sure what she wants to share here but I asked her.

She will try to email again, but not promising as she is really having a rough time.

Just so grateful for the news and of course had to share with you all.

Those who PMd me I have told. Those I PMd initially (suggested by others as someone that might know but didn't see my post) I have also PMd.

So spreading the word.

Let's keep hope alive.

MISHKA IS A FIGHTER. PROACTIVE. PERSISTENT. TENACIOUS AND A STRONG AND BRAVE AND AMAZING WOMAN.

I LOVE HER SO.

My love to each of you as well. Always.

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote