Thread: Food column
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
vickie h

Oh, All That Food Sounds Pretty Yummy....
I Was Diagnosed As Being Allergic To All Grains, Except Rice A Month Ago. I Also Am Allergic To Dairy (which I Haven't Eaten In 25 Years Anyway), And Tomatoes. So My Diet Has Been Pretty Limited, But Since Eliminating Those Foods, My Depression Levels Have Dropped Dramatically, As Well As An Extra 20 Lbs I've Shed, And Alot More Energy To Boot!
I Eat Lotsx Of Fresh Vegetables, Deep Sea Fish (the Smaller Ones For Less Mercury), Organic (grass Fed Only) Meats, Nuts, Beans, And An Occasional Piece Of Diabeic Dark Chocolate. I Know That Sounds Boring, But It Has Made A Dramatic Change In My Life.
Amazing How Our Diet Affects Our Lives. The Great News Is That I Have No Osteoporosis Or Osteopenia After All Those Years Dairy Free. My Calcium Has Always Come From Dark, Leafy Greens, Brocolli, Etc.
Last Night, We Had Stir Fried Vegies With Garlic And Ginger, Baked Brown Rice, Wild Caught Salmon And Baked Squash With Nutmeg And Lemon. It Was Soooo Good.
Love And Peaqce, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote