Thread: Kvetching
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
karen z

Re: Kvetching

Hi MJO. So now we know something about you we suspected all along- YOU ARE HUMAN!!!!
I think there are many of us who have had the same thoughts/feelings as you do (at least I do) and what we must do is not be so hard on ourselves and begin to take it one day at a time and get back on track. I worry far too much about things I have little control over and need to do more about the things I do have control over. Since coming back from San Antonio I have decided to take things one day at a time and do some extra work on what I can control- and that involves eating properly (as if my health depended on it- which it does) and begin to walk again, do more yard work, etc. I read a very funny book about one woman's experience with breast cancer (Lopsided) and the author comments at some point how she is back to her "old" boring, complaining life and wonders a bit how that could have happened. You might enjoy that book. But I am determined (as I have also had major weight struggles since my diagnosis) to do my best to take charge of some of the basics first. Now-- as for not worrying about some other things- that will be harder (I am human too)-- but I am going to keep trying.
Love,
Karen

Last edited by karen z; 12-19-2009 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: typ
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote