View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
NEDenise

Re: Writer looking for participants to share stories

Joni!
Wow! There's some fire in my friend Joni! You go girl!
Thanks for taking the time to look out for all of us.
I don't know what exactly This person had in mind...but I do know that she doesn't have a clue how inappropriate it was for her to invade our safe place in order to make money. I don't care how much "awareness" her work raised...this is not the place to mine for information.
Your suggestion about checking with the American Cancer Society, or an oncology office was a good one.
Steph, and Julie, you guys were great too!

I honestly wonder why anyone would find a cancer survivor's "relationship with her breasts" whatever the he## that means...to be an entertaining subject. (Though I loved the way you worded your last response Joni!)

No one loves to laugh more than I do...and I even tend toward gallows humor sometimes...but that's me talking about me, not someone who hasn't walked in my shoes "entertaining" people at the expense of BC victims. Rubs me the wrong way too.

If I ever do get up the gumption to write a book about all my BC adventures, I'll be sure to put a little note in the beginning letting everyone know that while laughter is the best medicine (for me anyway) there is absolutely NOTHING funny about breast cancer. Nothing. We choose to laugh...otherwise we'd cry all the time.

Thanks again for looking out for all of us.
Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote