Thread: Tired and angry
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:30 AM   #16
Her2husband

Re: Tired and angry

Hi Catalina and Graham,

As a husband who is going through a similar journey I have no advice but can share some of my thoughts. We are not super human and as much as we like to show a brave face and want to be seen as strong we are allowed to crumble. We sometimes need to fall apart and that is o'k, we will pull ourselves up again. I can tell you there was a particular timespan during my wifes waiting for the next scan that both she and I held inside our fears and feelings and it all exploded one day. But that was a lesson we needed and now we talk to each other about our fears.

It is not much fun being on this journey not for us and particularly not for our wives. My wife and I hit some very real lows but having said that, we allow each other to have a sense of humour and if you want to look for positives this is something that I truly believe has brought us closer together. I have young children and the future frightens the hell out of me but I can't change the outcome so I just allow myself to feel what I feel and then move on the best I can.
Her2husband is offline   Reply With Quote