View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Becky

Re: Going back on Abraxane

I can help with the protein requirements. 3oz of canned tuna has 25g, 4oz of chicken breast has 36g, 1/2 cup walnuts has 9g, and a cup of oatmeal has 6g. Avocado - one cup is 9g and a cup of chickpeas is 12g. I cant remember if you are vegetarian but having chicken really can get you there as 4 oz is only the size of a deck of cards. Putting on salad with chickpeas and sunflower seeds could get you at least halfway there for lunch alone. Let me know if you are vegetarian though and I will research more for you. A cup of oatmeal has 6g and if you make it with milk it adds another 4g for half a cup of fat free. You can get 19 with that kind of breakfast and a banana has some. 5oz of greek yogurt has 11g. You have to be pretty diligent but if you do eat chicken and fish, you could do it.

I think about you often and will help you anyway I can so this treatment kicks cancer-butt.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"

Last edited by Becky; 07-07-2015 at 10:24 AM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote