Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Andi

Angry Update

Two weeks ago after considerable discussion with my onc I decided to discontinue treatment. In spite of the treatments I had been taking after my recurrence, my cancer continued to spread and grow in a major way. At Joe's suggestion, I did have him run my case by Dr Winer, who came back with pretty much the same thoughts. I am as at peace with this as I can be, but of course this is very hard for both me and my family. Yesterday I started oxygen 24/7 as my my lung capacity is reducing. At this time I have no pain. Then last evening I received a call from my sister in law who had been in remission from lung cancer and hers has come back to her brain. She plans to treat it, but like me, her recurrence has occured in less than 2 years from her diagnosis. This site has been such a blessing to me, I love and respect all of you for your spirit in your courages battles against this terrible disease, and I especially am thankful to Joe and Christine for making this available to us. Please keep my family in your prayers, God bless you all!
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote